Ethereal-users: [Ethereal-users] SVN update problem

From: "King, John (Greg) (LMIT-HOU)" <Greg.King@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 15 May 2006 14:19:49 -0500
I would like to update my Ethereal installation from 10.14 to .99. But
going to .99 causes some problems that are addressed in certain SVN
files according to the bugtracker. I am assuming that SVN files are some
kind of patch.

I checked the user doc and ethereal wiki and cannot see how to apply the
SVN code.

So I figured that the SVN files contained the patch instructions. I
downloaded a few files from a US mirror
(ftp://mirror.sg.depaul.edu/pub/security/ethereal/buildbot-builds/source
)

Ethereal-0.99.0-SVN-18050,SVN-18054,SVN-18030

So I could check for a readme on these, but whenever I try to gunzip
them I get the following:
gunzip: ethereal-0.99.0-SVN-xxxxx.tar.gz: unexpected end of file

I am running CentOS 4.3.

Any ideas on why gunzip is complaining?

Also I tried getting the SVN files from other mirrors and the 3 other
ones I tried either did not have any SVN files or only contained the
files for the 1.1.0 branch.

Thanks,

Greg