Ethereal-users: [Ethereal-users] is it possible to send out-of-order TCP segments using Ethereal

From: "Wei Hu" <wei.hu@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2006 11:51:05 -0500

Hi,

I approach this question in two steps.

Step 1: generate TCP segments

I tried to use command

>tethereal –r <infile> -n –o tcp.desegment_tcp_streams:rue –w <outfile>

On a Fedora machine to create TCP segments. The command itself is valid, however the result is not I expected. Because the outfile still contains the whole payload data in one packet, and I expected to see it’s truncated into several segments.

Step 2: I don’t know if it’s able to send out out-of-order TCP segments using Ethereal? If not, is there a quick way to utilize the Ethereal code to do so?

Thanks a lot in advance,

Wei