Ethereal-users: [Ethereal-users] Reassembled PDU's

From: "Danny Brett" <danny@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 1 Mar 2006 22:37:58 -0000

Hi all,

I’m monitoring a problem application and am seeing a lot of ‘reassembled PDU’ frames from the server back to the client.

The network looks like this:

Server --- Firewall --- VPN Router --- WAN --- VPN Router --- Client

I’m monitoring between the firewall and the router and/or server and firewall.

These frames are not at the maximum MTU size, some are as small as 60 bytes. Am I right in thinking the ‘reassembled PDU’ message is stating that the frame is part of a larger segment or that this a fragmented frame?

I think I understand what’s going on but thought I would call on the wisdom of ethereal-users to help me out! :o)

Thanks.

DB

The above information is confidential to the addressee and may be privileged. Unauthorised access and use is prohibited. Internet communications are not secure and therefore this Company does not accept legal responsibility for the contents of this message. If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution, or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on it, is prohibited and may be unlawful. The sender does not accept any responsibility for viruses and it is your responsibility to scan the email and any attachments.