Ethereal-users: Re: [Ethereal-users] combining frame types

From: "Guy Harris" <gharris@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2006 14:40:08 -0800 (PST)
Alexander Rozhkevich wrote:

> At first, sorry for my bad english.

Vash' Angliski yazik ochyen luche moyi Russkovo yazika.  Ya izuchil
Russkovo yazika bolshe tridzat lyet nazad, i slishkom mnogo zab'il....

> So my question: Can I combine in single capture file frames of several
> types? For example, Ethernet frames and MTP2 frames.

Unfortunately, Ethereal currently doesn't support a capture file format
that allows mixing of Ethernet and MTP2 frames.  At some point, the
pcap-NG format:

    http://www.winpcap.org/ntar/draft/PCAP-DumpFileFormat.html

will be supported, and it can handle a mixture of frame types in a file.