Ethereal-users: [Ethereal-users] PPPoE

From: "Bob Langford" <rlangford58@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 05 Feb 2006 21:53:53 -0500
Hello, - New list subscriber here.  I would like to capture traffic from three PCs at my home.  They are behind a Linksys BEFSX41 router which then connects to a Westel 6100 DSL modem.   If I placed a 4th PC, running Ethereal, in the path between the Linksys router and the DSL modem would I expect to get a good decode.  The protocol at that point is PPPoE.  I have a three-way RJ48 jack I could use for this.   I'd lift the transmit pair from one end of the cat-5 cable going to this 4th PC so there wouldn't be any signal mixing into the router output from the PC.

Would this work ? -

RDL