Ethereal-users: Re: [Ethereal-users] save filtered results

From: Guy Harris <gharris@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2006 23:08:46 -0800
Michael D. Berger wrote:
On FC-4, I captured many packets with tethereal, and
in ethereal I set a display filter to a desired subset
of the packets.  I would now like to save this subset
to another file.  I looked as file->saveas, but it
does not seem to provide the needed capability.

Not obvious, perhaps, but click on the "Displayed" button, to get it to save the packets being displayed (i.e., the ones that passed the display filter) as opposed to the packets that were captured (i.e., all of them).