Ethereal-users: Re: [Ethereal-users] looking for virus or spamming

From: "Tom Greaser" <tgreaser@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 05 Dec 2005 08:15:47 -0500
can try looking for all dns request that do NOT have an A or PRT record
you can compair to some black hole files

>>>jlmiller@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx 12/04/05 8:06 pm >>>
I'm currently looking at a gateway server that seems to have a awful lot
of DNS requests and ARP requests.  Not sure if this is correct, but is
there a way to home in on virus and spam checking?  I eliminate all
valid traffic, but I would like to know if there are certain packets I
can look for.  I know this is huge area, if there is something I can
look for trim the search I would appreciate it.

Thanks

Jon

Ethereal-users mailing list
Ethereal-users@xxxxxxxxxxxx