Ethereal-users: [Ethereal-users] New to ETHEREAL (help)

From: "Heath D. Henderson" <hhenderson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2005 17:09:12 -0500

I have a Suse 9.0 computer running as a proxyserver. I am attempting to do a tcpdump to a file of all traffic, then copy my file back to my WinXP where I have Ethereal installed to analyze the file. Every time I get the file back to my windows machine and try to open it with Ethereal, I get an error.

 The capture file appears to be damaged or corrupt.

(pcap: File has 11665408-byte packet, bigger than maximum of 65535)

I tried to use editcap, but it didn’t work

First I guess I need the correct syntax for tcpdump, and then I need the correct way to open the file using Ethereal.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.