Ethereal-users: Re: [Ethereal-users] default black colorization on ethereal packets

From: Lawrence Bowie <ldbout@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2005 12:35:45 -0400
Thank you much. You have corroborated my initial inclination.

LDB

On 10/19/05, Ulf Lamping <ulf.lamping@xxxxxx> wrote:

Ethereal user support <ethereal-users@xxxxxxxxxxxx> schrieb am 19.10.05 16:55:22:
> I have ethereal packets coming in as black. Does anyone know what the color is suppose to indicate?
>  I suspect "malcious" but I do not know for sure.

If the packets are actually "malicious" will depend on the situation. Usually black coloring indicates "unusual" things.

Ethereal uses coloring rules to color the packets, which can be found at View/Coloring Rules.

You may have a look at that rules which made the packet black.

Regards, ULFL