Ethereal-users: [Ethereal-users] Filter to get matching frame & the next frame?

From: "Michael Bendzick" <michaelb@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 5 Oct 2005 13:54:50 -0500

I’m trying to find a filter that would let me see the frames that match my criteria, and then the frame that arrives immediately after the matching frame, no matter what the following frame contains.

For example, I’m filtering with “frame[52:5] == 1.1.b2.0.a”, and get packets 100, 200, and 300.  I would also like to match packets 101, 201, and 301, simply on the basis of them being matched by the “frame” statement.

Is it possible to do this within the confines of Ethereal filters, or do I need to export the capture data and parse it with something else?

Thank you,

-Michael Bendzick