Ethereal-users: [Ethereal-users] Ethereal 0.10.12 Flow Graph Freezes Linux 2.6.7

From: M Delroy <mcdelroy@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 2 Oct 2005 18:48:44 -0700 (PDT)
On Linux 2.6.7 with Ethereal 0.10.12, when dispalying
a flow graph Ethereal Freezes. I am also unable to
scroll down in the flow graph window.

I am running Gentoo Linux 2.6.7 and had previously
emerged Ethereal 0.10.5 which installed all the
libraries in the ebuild. Later I installed Ethereal
0.10.12 without installing anything else. If I issue
the Ethereal command 0.10.5 open's up. If I want to
run the new version I need to issue the ethereal
command in the directory the new version is located
in. The help output for Ethereal 0.10.12 is below. It
matches that for 0.10.5.

Ethereal 0.10.12
Compiled with
GTK+ 2.4.1
Glib 2.4.1
libpcap 0.8.3
libpz 1.2.1
libpcre 4.4
Running with
Libpcap 0.8.3

personal config /home/marc/.ethereal
global config /usr/local/share/ethereal
system /etc
program /usr/share/ethereal-0.10.12/.libs
personal plugins /home/marc/.ethereal/plugins
global plugins /usr/local/lib/ethereal/plugins/0.10.12

Thanks,
Marc

Yahoo! for Good