Ethereal-users: [Ethereal-users] ADSL "Dialup" ???

From: "Harold Fuchs" <harold@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2005 11:35:05 -0000
Gentleperson,

I'm using Win2K Pro on a "floortop" machine and connect to my ISP using a USB ADSL modem. My ISP (www.demon.net) has allocated a static IP address (80.177.1.104) to my system.

My floortop also has a direct Ethernet connection to a laptop. I assigned a static IP adddress to this connection. It is 192.168.0.1 (the laptop is 192.168.0.2).

I installed Winpcap and Ethereal. I ran Etheral and went to menu item Capture -> Interfaces.

Here I *only* see my LAN connection (192.168.0.1).

I'd like to be able to monitor the network traffic between my floortop and my ISP. Is this possible with my setup? How, please?

Harold Fuchs
London, England