Ethereal-users: [Ethereal-users] No packets seeing on own interface

From: "Rauno Rintala" <rauno_rintala@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2005 23:56:46 +0000
Hello,

I use etherreal in my laptop. I have a SW FW installed in laptop and it's physically connected to EMTA (cablemodem+MTA). I do not see any IP packets sent or received by my laptop. In my opinion, when i ping or browse i shoud see those packets. It's the same with or without promiscous mode. I see only a lot of ARP packets from my default GW.

Kindly regards
Rauno Rintala