Ethereal-users: Re: [Ethereal-users] Has anyone been able to capture 802.11 ACKs on aironet?

From: Ionut Morar <ionut@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2005 09:14:53 +0200
Guy Harris wrote:

"Control frames" and "phy frames" are two names for the same sort of frame, it appears.

This suggests that the Aironet cards might not be able to supply control frames to the host (I don't *think* I saw any control frames when doing a monitor-mode capture on my FreeBSD 4.6 laptop), or perhaps they can but the driver(s) aren't doing the right thing to make them do so.

First of all, thank you very much for the answer - it is the kind of information that I was hoping for. Second - maybe it's useful for someone - it seems to be a driver problem, because in the meantime I tried using LinkFerret on windows with the same card and I got some ACKs.

Ionut