Ethereal-users: Re: [Ethereal-users] rolling over capture file

From: Marco van den Bovenkamp <marco@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2005 23:09:44 +0100
Ken Estep wrote:

I have a random issue and need to leave ethereal on while I work and when the error occurs stop the capture and look at it. If I leave the capturing on the files gets to big. Can I set it to capture say 10mg and have it roll-over ?

Yep.

Capture -> Use multiple files + New file every 5 megabytes + Ring buffer of 2 files.

Not *exactly* a 1-file rollover, but close; you end up with 2 files that can be (taken together) a maximum of 10MB.

Adjust to taste.

Note that 'Update list of packets in real time' must be disabled for this to work (or be selectable, for that matter).

--

		Regards,

			Marco.