Ethereal-users: [Ethereal-users] Need quick step by step instructions please

Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2005 12:44:03 -0800

All,

I work for for an HVAC manufacturer that sells BACnet-compliant devices, and we're looking for a sniffer product our customers can use for troubleshooting in the field.  I've done some testing with Ethereal, and if it had a more full-featured BACnet decoder, I think it would fit the bill wonderfully.  I did some Googling and found a previous post here at ethereal.com that claimed to contain a 75% finished BACnet decoder, but can't find explicit instructions on how to integrate the .c file that was posted into the software.

Does anyone out there:
1. Have a 100% completed BACnet decoder module that I can add?
2. Have some step-by-step instructions on how I can take the .c file posted to the forumand integrate it into my copy of ethereal?  After all, 75% of something is better than 100% of nothing.

Thanks for your time,

              John Micek