Ethereal-users: Re: [Ethereal-users] No packets being captured at all

From: Guy Harris <gharris@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 01 Feb 2005 03:07:08 -0800
Robinson, Samuel wrote:

I am having some problems after I got the program installed. The
installation went fine and it found the network interface fine. When I
went to capture packets nothing was captured at all. There werent even
any packets captured when i navigated to several different web pages. I
am confused as to why this is happening. Any suggestions?

On what operating system are you running Ethereal?

On what type of network interface (Ethernet, 802.11, PPP, etc.) are you trying to capture?

Are you capturing on the same machine as the one you're using to navigate to the Web pages in question?