Ethereal-users: [Ethereal-users] Network troubleshooting

From: Robert Hoppe <exploremn@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2005 20:59:13 -0800 (PST)
Hi,
I was wondering if you can tell me how to view a
capture to just show network cards on a local network
or subnet and how much traffic they generate.  I don't
need to know where they are going or what is coming to
them. I am just trying to locate a bad network card
that is flooding the network with garbage.

I used to use the old Novell LanAlyzer to do this, but
as everyone knows, that product is dead and buried.

In a way, Ethereal seems to provide too much
information making it cumbersome and confusing to
perform a simple task.

Basically it would be nice to see a display like
----------------
IP Address,MAC Address,Bytes in, Bytes Out
192.168.200.15,00-11-EA-BA-23-22,234234,123843
192.168.200.16,00-22-EB-CA-13-42,234234234,12334234
Just as an example...where you could see plain and
simple something is up with workstation xx.xx.xx.16
and then correct the problem.

So...is this even possible with Ethereal, or am I
stuck on this river without a paddle?

Danke,
Robert