Ethereal-users: Re: RE: [Ethereal-users] The Enigma of CAP-file header TIMESTAMPS ?

Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2005 17:22:18 +0100
umeshuv wrote:
>   Does ethereal support decoding of CAMEL/CAP messages ?? If so, can you let
> me know which version has the support.
> Thanks & Regards,
> Umesh.

I assume you mean CAMEL Aplication Part
http://www.protocols.com/pbook/UMTSFamily.htm#CAMEL
http://www.mpirical.com/companion/IN_&_CAMEL/CAP.htm

But this thread is about the CAP file format used by Network Associate Sniffer.

I don't think that CAMEL/CAMEL Application Part is implemented in Ethereal yet, and
I don't know if someone is workinbg on implementing it (but if it is ASN.1 based it may be
possible to do part of the work with asn2eth ASN.1 compiler).

If you have any sample captures that could be useful for someone that wants to
experiment with implementing it.