Ethereal-users: Re: [Ethereal-users] cant capture from wireless

From: Guy Harris <gharris@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2005 01:52:27 -0800
security wrote:
im having some trouble with the program on my laptop. I captures fine with a cat5 connection, but through wireless, no packets show up. my dads laptop does it fine, but mine refuses to. i have a built in
atheros 5100x wireless adapter that supports 802.11 a,b, and g.

What OS do you have?

If it's Windows, wireless capturing doesn't always work well:

	http://www.ethereal.com/faq.html#q5.41

	http://www.ethereal.com/faq.html#q5.42

If it's Linux, what version of kernel, and what wireless driver, are you using?

If it's BSD, which BSD, and what version, are you running?