Ethereal-users: Re: [Ethereal-users] Decoding of new NAI sniffer timestamps.

From: "James V. Fields" <jvfields@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2005 05:45:52 -0500
David,

Please send me a sample trace along with a brief description of the
hardware platform.  We just switched to the S6040 last year and had some
wierdness with the timestamps for a while as well.

Starr, David wrote:
If somebody wants to test with one of the new NAI distributed sniffer .cap
files, just let me know & I'll package one up & get it to them....  I know
it's hard to keep track of all the new hardware that's out there!   We just
got them in & running this week......

The delta time may be from the previous packet in this latest version...
The first one I had installed, it was off by 1/3..  This version, it seems
more likely that it's from the previous packet, instead of the first packet.

Dave