Ethereal-users: RE: [Ethereal-users] Decoding of new NAI sniffer timestamps.

From: "Guy Harris" <gharris@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2005 15:05:38 -0800 (PST)
Starr, David said:
> However.....  Still has problems..   All of the timestamps show the date
> "Jan 06" although the .cap file was created on "Jan 11".. Also, the delta
> time is way,way off.... The output shows a delta from first packet as
> 0.792777 & should be on the order of 1800. seconds.

Presumably that's the delta of some packet other than the first packet
from the first packet?  (Note that Ethereal doesn't display any deltas
from the time the capture started, it only displays deltas from the first
packet.)

>  I can supply some output from the sniffer to help with testing.

"Output from the sniffer" in the sense of a .cap file?

One of the .cap files with problems, and an indication of what the (date
and time of day) time stamps for the packets in that file should be, would
be helpful (and would possibly be necessary).