Ethereal-users: Re: [Ethereal-users] Ethereal Question

From: Guy Harris <gharris@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 08 Jan 2005 14:44:22 -0800
DenV20@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
I can see all the activity only the computer thar's running Ethereal. The other computers show limited protocol information. Bascially I would like to see POP and HTTP on the other computers. The only protocols I can see on other computers are SMB and NBSS. I am not running a filter.

NB*S*S? Or NBNS and maybe NBDS (NBDGM)? There are some SMB packets on top of the NetBIOS datagram service, such as browser announcements. If it's only NBNS and the datagram service, which run over UDP, they might all be broadcast packets, in which case see:

	http://www.ethereal.com/faq#q5.1

If it's truly NBSS, which runs over TCP, that's not it, and I don't know what would be causing that.