Ethereal-users: Re: [Ethereal-users] Script with tethereal, how to ??

From: Stef <stefmit@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 7 Jan 2005 09:56:24 -0600
The simplest way would be to capture the traffic with <something>*,
then reconstitute the TCP sessions in Ethereal (Analyze --> Follow TCP
stream). Of course you could do the same for AIM, but the sniffer I
mentioned earlier is very good at organizing and cleaning up data. You
do not need this for pop, or imap, or irc - of course, as long as they
do not run over TLS ...

Stef

*where something = tethereal, windump, tcpdump, etc.