Ethereal-users: [Ethereal-users] Interface Detection Problems

From: "Peter Nilsson" <peter.nilsson@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 3 Jan 2005 11:19:29 -0800

Does anyone know what the following means?

Can't get list of interfaces: PacketGetAdapterNames: The operation completed successfully.

This might be a problem with WinPcap 3.0; you should try updating to

a later version of WinPcap - see the WinPcap site at winpcap.polito.it

When I try to start a trace, this is what pops up as a warning.  I don’t remember having these problems with Ethereal in the past, so this is odd.  I do have WinPcap loaded as well (version 3.0).  Any thoughts?

Peter Nilsson

Director - Systems Engineering

i3 Micro Technology

+1 425.396.7860 (office)

+46 (0)8 525 075 11 (VoIP)

+1 425.444.7250 (mobile)

+1 425.484.4600 (fax)

E-mail: peter.nilsson@xxxxxxxxxxx

BlackBerry: peter.nilsson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

www.i3micro.com

This email and all attachments are i3 micro company confidential.  If you received this email in error, please delete this email and contact the sender.