Ethereal-users: [Ethereal-users] can ethereal detect slow speed problem ?

From: Joe Robe <joer00@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2004 10:49:51 -0500
Hi,

I am going crazy with my win XP slow traffic problem. I have 2 computers on a home network, both connected via a CompUSA router and a Vonage VOiP router to a cbale modem. While the old w2k computer downloads nice at about 2.5 mbit, the laptop reaches a max of 400 kbps ! I tried ANYTHING, changed the packet size, window size, changed even the NIC to a pcmcia card, still the same slow speed. I scanned 100 times with different programs for trojans and spies, all is clean.

Using wspingpack pro, the laptop shows the EXACT SAME throughput to various ip's than the other (fast) computer.Ame for ping times etc, all the same, no losses, the same delay time etc. ! So it looks like this happens only on http or ftp packets. I also experience simple "hangs" when I open a web page. Sometimes I have to hit reload just for tha page to show up.
Any way to use Ethereal to see where the problem is, any other suggestions ?

Joe