Ethereal-users: Re: [Ethereal-users] WinPcap version and NIC's not visible

From: Guy Harris <gharris@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2004 11:05:52 -0800
Greg Saunders wrote:

With WinPcap 2.3 I can see all of my network interfaces which includes Intel, NdisWan, Wireless, and NET IP/1394.

With WinPcap 3.0 I don't see any of my network interfaces.

With WinPcap 3.1 beta 4 I see my NdisWan and that is it.

As this is a WinPcap issue, you should try using "windump -D" to see what network interfaces it reports (try WinDump 3.6.2, as that works with WinPcap 2.3 and probably works with the later versions). If WinDump has the same problem, report this to the WinPcap developers:

	http://winpcap.polito.it/contact.htm

Note what they say about debugging versions of WinPcap - you should try WinDump with that before reporting problems, so that the WinPcap developers have more information.