Ethereal-users: [Ethereal-users] Preferences Error - file shape.c line 75

From: Greg Saunders <gregs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2004 12:31:10 -0500
Title: Preferences Error - file shape.c line 75

Hello,

I am getting the following error when running Ethereal and selecting Edit / Preferences:

" ** ERROR **: file shape.c line 75 (pango_shape): assertion failed: (glyphs->num_glyphs > 0) aborting… "

I am running Ethereal Version 0.10.7
I am running with WinPcap 2.3 on Windows XP SP1 build 2600.

FYI: Before getting this error I had orignally tried using the later WinPCap 3.x and the beta one, but neither one of them would allow me to see my NIC in the interace listing so I am stuck with WinPCap 2.3 at the moment.

Any ideas as to what that error is about and how to get around it?

Greg Saunders - IT Analyst

The Branch Group, Inc.

P.O. Box 40004, Roanoke, VA 24022
Phone: 540-982-1678 (x406) Fax: 540-982-4217