Ethereal-users: [Ethereal-users] Line data flow computation

From: Morel Olivier FRF <Olivier.Morel@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2004 18:22:23 +0100
I have a bunch of Ethereal traces for a client/server application.
Each trace in a separate file.
This was very useful to understand the application behaviour.

Now, I need to know the trafic generated on the line (in kbits) by this
application, in order to dimension the network.

Is there a simple way to compute it from my Ethereal files (PCAP format) ?
Alternatively, is there a rule-of-thumb to estimate it from the size of the
file ?

I am using Ethereal + WinPcap on a Windows NT PC.

Best regards,
Olivier R. Morel
olivier.morel@xxxxxxxxxx

Ce message et toutes les pieces jointes (ci-apres le "message")
sont confidentiels et etablis a l'intention exclusive de ses destinataires.
La SOCIETE GENERALE et ses filiales declinent toute responsabilite
au titre de ce message s'il a ete altere, deforme ou falsifie.

This message and any attachments (the "message") are confidential
and intended solely for the addressees.
Any unauthorized use or dissemination is prohibited.
E-mails are susceptible to alteration.
Neither SOCIETE GENERALE nor any of its subsidiaries or affiliates
shall be liable for the message if altered, changed or falsified.