Ethereal-users: Re: [Ethereal-users] Re: Tethereal Cisco port identifier - how do get the decima

From: ifi <ificidte@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 08 Nov 2004 07:48:06 +0100
Some googling tells me that the 'Port Identifier' on a Cisco is in fact just the MAC address of the port you're connected to.

Another source suggests that the port identifier is an "Unsigned binary number used as port priority (lesser number denotes higher priority)."

Stef wrote:
Thanks, but ... comments in line