Ethereal-users: [Ethereal-users] Filter by specific computer

From: Darrell Blake <darrell.blake@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 3 Nov 2004 21:14:43 +0000
I've set up my Linux box as a gateway to the internet for a number of
machines and what I'm wanting to do is capture all packets that are to
go to a specific IP on my network (192.168.0.5). I'm guessing I can do
this through the "Capture Filter" button but I can't find much
documentation on capturing only packets for a specific machine on the
local network.

As an example, if 192.168.0.5 on my local network browses the internet
it will have to go through my Linux box as that is it's gateway so I'm
wanting to capture any packets going to or coming from that box.

Darrell