Ethereal-users: Re: [Ethereal-users] Captures on Windows XP

From: Ian Schorr <ethereal@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 2 Nov 2004 12:17:18 -0500
Ethereal doesn't support capturing two streams simultaneously, though you could capture each stream with two different instances of Ethereal and then merge them together. However, like you said, predicting start & stop times to synchronize may be difficult. I had a similar requirement about a year and a half ago, though never found a "perfect" solution, especially on Windows.

I believe you *could* try using tethereal, and write a tiny script that captures a certain amount of data/packets from each stream. When one copy of tethereal exits (presumably because you've hit the capture limit) you could also instruct the other instance of tethereal to exit (which may be much easier if you have cygwin or something similar installed).

Ian