Ethereal-users: Re: [Ethereal-users] T38 images

Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2004 19:07:25 +0200
Gianfranco Orletti wrote:

> I am trying to extract the T38 fax images out of the ethereal traces. I can
> see the packets however I cannot find a way to save them as an image file. I
> am using the latest ethereal version. Any suggestion?

It is not currently possible to do this directly from Ethereal.

I made some quite simple  program a while ago that uses the PDML-output you can get from Ethereal/Tethereal and does some post-processing to extract the T.30 signalling and T.4 data from the T.38 messages.
Then I used fax2tiff (tifflib/libtiff???) to generate a tiff-file out of the raw T.4 data.

I had some plans of making a Python-script that could be included in the Ethereal distribution, but
unfortunately I didn't have time to do that.