Ethereal-users: [Ethereal-users] Ethereal promiscuous mode

From: Faisal Khan <faisal.nust@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2004 02:04:26 +0500
Hi All,

I am studying Network Security as my bachelors cource. I have just
study that in switched network we can not sniff the netwrok traffic.
But there exist techniques to achieve sniffing the network being in
promiscuous mode. So what technique does the ethereal use to capture
network traffic in the promiscuous mode.

i will be really grateful if somebody reply to me.

Thnanks in advance for any help

regards