Ethereal-users: [Ethereal-users] two questions on msnms filter

From: Isaac Claymore <clay@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 1 Sep 2004 21:40:35 +0800
Hi folks, I'm new to ethereal, and just had a few problems with the msnms
display filter:

1. if the msn messages were encoded with UTF-8, ethereal displayed them with
something like '\345\222\261'. How can I fix this? I tried to use zh_CN.UTF-8 as
$LANG, but it didn't work.

2. it seemed that msnms filter is too coarse, it didn't provide finer control of
the various messages types, e.g it would be nicer if only messages with chat
contents get displayed. Did I miss anything? Or else, can I somehow extend the
filter to give me finer filter options?

Thanks in advance for any hint/suggestion.

-Isaac

--

Regards, Isaac