Ethereal-users: [Ethereal-users] FYI - Minor Window Sizing Problem

From: "Charles Aulbach" <aulbachc@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2004 17:53:50 -0500

I’m running Ethereal Version 0.10.5a on under WindowsXP Service Pack 1 Build 2600 with WinpCap version 3.

PROBLEM:

After installing the update today I started Ethereal and got a command window with the following text (the same line twice):

<ethereal.exe:3924>: Gtk-CRITICAL **: file gtkwindow.c: line 3107<gtk_window_resize>: assertion ‘height > 0’ failed

<ethereal.exe:3924>: Gtk-CRITICAL **: file gtkwindow.c: line 3107<gtk_window_resize>: assertion ‘height > 0’ failed

I found that closing the command window also closed Ethereal.

WORKAROUND:

I restarted Ethereal and minimized the command box.  Then in the (Live Capture in Progress) window I opened Edit>Preferences.  Next, I removed the checks from the boxes for “Save window position”, “Save window size” and Save maximized state.  Then I resized and repositioned the window to suit my preferences.  Next, I put checks back in the boxes for  “Save window position” and “Save window size”.

I closed and then restarted Ethereal.  Every thing started as I expected it to and has several times since.

-Charles