Ethereal-users: [Ethereal-users] Can ethereal capture information moving between 2 apps on the s

From: "Steven Buckell" <SBuckell@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2004 15:22:30 +0100
Title: Message
Hi,

I have a (hopefully!) simple question.  I have the following situation:-

I have two java applications (running as servers) on my machine.  I'll call them App1 and App2.
These applications communicate with each other over http.
I have a network adaptor that is assigned to IP 192.168.0.2 (Assigned automatically from my home network)
I have also installed Microsoft Loopback Adaptor on IP 192.168.0.4 (Address assigned manually by me)
So, I have one machine with 2 network cards, each with a different IP address and an application running on each.
What I want to do is be able to capture the network traffic between these apps when they talk.  Is this possible with Ethereal?
Currently the tool will happily capture traffic I send to and from the internet, but when I set it to capture traffic on the Loopback adaptor I see no packets.

Any help on this would be very much appreciated.

Regards,
Steve B