Ethereal-users: RE: [Ethereal-users] gtk assertion failures

From: "BROWN, JAMES C" <JBROW91@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2004 14:31:59 -0500
Guy,

I tried that three times, (Opening the program then closing it and
re-opening it), and I still got the dos window opening.  I went so far as to
actually capture and view packets with the same result.  I then went through
the screens trying each different setting with none making any difference
except the checking of the box and applying/saving the settings.  The next
time I started Ethereal it worked fine (w/o the dos window).  I'm running XP
and it might be somewhat different for something else.

I appreciate your responses to the questions as many have helped me out.
Keep it up!

Ethereal user,
James C. Brown