Ethereal-users: [Ethereal-users] Ethereal Dies when Opening or capturing

From: Richmon Schumann <it_rich@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2004 09:45:38 -0700 (PDT)
I just installed version 0.10.5 but this has happened on several of the previous versions as well.  I am running Windows 2000 Professional where I am a memeber of the local administrators group.

When I start Ethereal I get a DOS window with the follwoing lines in hte background:

(ethereal.exe:1488): Gtk-CRITICAL **: file gtkwindow.c: line 3107 (gtk_window_re
size): assertion `height > 0' failed
(ethereal.exe:1488): Gtk-CRITICAL **: file gtkwindow.c: line 3107 (gtk_window_re
size): assertion `height > 0' failed
Then when select open a file and choose an Ethereal file the application crashes with the follwoing message in a windows dialog box:

ethereal.exe has generated errors and will be closed by Windows.
You will need to restart the program.

An error log is being created

I am not sure what is wrong.

Do you Yahoo!?