Ethereal-users: [Ethereal-users] Re: Ethereal-usersEthereal-usersSNMP and message ERROR: couldn'

From: Wes Hardaker <wjhns36@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 09 Jul 2004 06:45:09 -0700
>>>>> On Fri, 9 Jul 2004 14:51:50 +0200, Ariel Burbaickij <ariel.burbaickij@xxxxxxxxx> said:

Ariel> What about SNMPv2p ( I know its status and the whole slew of issues
Ariel> bound to it but I need it indeed)? Any chance of adding it to
Ariel> supported protocols
Ariel> or is the process of writing plug-ins documented somewhere so that I can
Ariel> do it myself?

The easiest thing to do would be open the snmp dissector code and it it
yourself (and then send a patch in).

SNMPv2p has certainly long been marked historical but I've heard it's
still around in a few deployments.  (I know I long ago removed it from
our snmp code base, but...)

--
Wes Hardaker
Sparta