Ethereal-users: [Ethereal-users] Help 802.11 Capture packets

From: Mirta Amalia <meerty@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 3 Jul 2004 20:21:43 -0700 (PDT)
Hello..

I need help on capturing 802.11 packets.. First of
all, i'm using wlan card d-Link DWL-520+ and 3Com
Access Point. I have installed the latest ethereal,
tcpdump and libpcap.. What i'm trying to do is capture
802.11 packets. I have connected my PC with my Access
Point. And when i capture, it succeeded capturing
packets, but not 802.11 packets. I noticed that when
my AP broadcast the essid, ethereal captured it as an
ARP. If i apply a filter for 802.11 packets only, it
resulted nothing. The packets that were captured are
ICMP, ARP, and IP. I tried to turn off the promiscuous
mode, but still nothing.

How can i capture the 802.11 packets? Please help me..

Thank you..
-Mirta-