Ethereal-users: [Ethereal-users] DHCP requests

From: Ron Gallimore <ron.gallimore@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 1 Jul 2004 14:33:43 -0400
I need to create a filter that shows what ip address is assigned from my DHCP server to the client. I think I have a bad NIC somewhere but I do not know where. I know I can use the DHCP snap-in in W2K to view the address leases but it will not tell me how many times a NIC has requested an MAC address.

The reason I am doing this is my DHCP server is filling up with bad addresses. The Client IP Address and the Name shown in my Address Leases snap-in show the exact same thing for the bad addresses. The unique ID in my snap-in is also too long to me a NIC, 23 characters.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Ron Gallimore, CISSP
I.T. Consultant