Ethereal-users: Re: [Ethereal-users] Pocket PC 2003

From: Guy Harris <gharris@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2004 11:56:47 -0700
On Thu, Apr 29, 2004 at 02:46:51AM -0700, Mike Clark wrote:
> Is ethereal ever going to be developed for ppc 2002/2003?

I don't know.  I don't know of anybody doing a WinCE port; there is a
WinCE port of WinPcap in source-code form, available from the WinPcap
download page, but I don't know whether GTK+ works on WinCE or whether
there are any *other* limitations that would require significant work or
that would prevent a port.  (Just as with zethereal:

	http://www.cartel-securite.fr/pbiondi/zaurus/zethereal.html

the UI should probably be changed for the smaller screen.  Zethereal, of
course, has the advantage that it's running on Linux, although it did
have to be ported to Qtopia - of course, given that the UI was changed,
changing the toolkit as well might have been convenient.)