Ethereal-users: RE: [Ethereal-users] It's official, Ethereal can't decode gzip in side HTTP.

From: Biot Olivier <Olivier.Biot@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2004 15:09:22 +0200
|From: Steven Sudit
|

|Here's the comment from packet-http.c:
|
|/*
|* We currently can't handle, for example, "gzip",
|* "compress", or "deflate"; just handle them
|* as data for now.
|*/
|
|Oh well.  It does sound like this area of code is in development, but I
|saw nothing hinting at an estimated completion date.

Take a look at ethereal-dev and you'll see that this became a hot topic over
the past days :)

As a first step, chunked transfer-coding can now be decoded in the
development source tree, and will be available when the next official
release will be shipped.

The next step is the decoding of the (often chunked-coded) compressed HTTP
bodies. Someone is working on this right now. No official due date, though
:)

Regards,

Olivier