Ethereal-users: Re: [Ethereal-users] HPUX nettl question

From: "Ronnie Sahlberg" <ronnie_sahlberg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2004 22:39:11 +1000
"Could anyone explain what I might be doing wrong"
Easy. You are using NETTL.

Type in "the interface from hell" in google and click "I'm Feeling Lucky"
to see what HP thinks about nettl  :-)

sorry,
Jokes aside. The file format for nettl is undocumented and we have done as
much as we can but there are still nettl files and records
we just dont have any clue on how to parse.

Please feel free to try to rev engineer the unknown records, it is not that
difficult if one is motivated enough.
I did a lot of nettl about a year ago to decode the more common captures i
usually get.

If nothing else, you can try to send the capture file to the list together
with the output from, is it?, netfmt that
parses the fiels and prints them in record format to stdout. and maybe
someone will look into it.

peter forsberg for king
   ronnie s