Ethereal-users: [Ethereal-users] Streaming Audio Traffic

From: Chad Holmes <RCHolmes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2004 13:20:43 -0400
I use Windows Media Player (version 9) to listen to music on the Internet.
I configured Ethereal to capture all traffic associated with my PC's IP
address by using the simple primitive "host <IP Address of my PC>" and
looked at the results.  I expected to see a steady stream of packets
associated with the streaming audio that was playing on my PC while I
performed the capture, but I saw almost no traffic at all.  To be sure
Ethereal was working, I did a ping of my PC's address and both the ARP
request and the Ping requests and replies were captured.

Should I be able to see traffic associated with streaming audio from the
Internet with Ethereal?

Thank you.