Ethereal-users: [Ethereal-users] Ethereal and erronous ethernet frames

From: Jan Allman <ian_yeovil@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2004 09:30:33 +0100 (BST)
I want to be able to capture erronous Ethernet capture frames (jabbers, CRC errors, etc) to detect if a network card is failing. I have Ethereal in both Linux and Win32.
- Do you know where I can obtain a version of libpcap that will feed erronous frames to Ethereal?
- Do you know if there is a mechanism by which you can bypass the filtering mehanism of NDIS, libpcap filtering.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Ian J. Allman