Ethereal-users: [Ethereal-users] The offer on introduction of support of g729 and g726 codecs fo

From: Kompnet <kompnet@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2004 15:33:47 +0400
Hi all,
at the moment Ethereal has no opportunity to write down
RTP-stream directly in a audio-file if the payload
type is distinct from g711.
>The problem with many codecs is that there are patent/license issues that I
>think can make it difficult/impossible to introduce support
>for several normal codecs (e.g. G.723.1 and G.729) in a GTK licensed program
>such as Ethereal.

http://www.ethereal.com/lists/ethereal-users/200401/msg00264.html

As far as I understand Ehereal is a GNU licensed program.
Is there a possibility to introduce GNU based realisations
of g726 and g729 codecs from OpenH323 project?
http://www3.openh323.org/
http://sourceforge.net/projects/openh323/

If so is there volunteers? Maybe Miha Jemec?
To my greatest regret I don't know C++ and C at all.
--
Best regards,
Igor Prokhorov