Ethereal-users: Re: [Ethereal-users] How do I search for 'POST' text in the INFO field

From: matthew lee <mattbinlee2004@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 9 Apr 2004 23:37:26 +1000 (EST)
Hi Guy,
Thanks for the reply. I was using the older version of Ethereal (9.7) I believe. The lastest version 10.3 has what you say. Many thanks ;)

Matt

Guy Harris <gharris@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Fri, Apr 09, 2004 at 02:41:30PM +1000, matthew lee wrote:
> Hi All Gurus,

> I am new in using ethereal. Is there a way to search for text
> messages in the INFO field.

Select "Find Packet" from the "Edit" menu item, and, in the dialog box
it pops up, select "String" from the options for "By:", select "Packet
list" from the options for "Search in", and then...

> E.g how to I search for all 'POST' message in the info field

...put "POST" into the "Filter:" field (and select "Case sensitive" in
"String Options" if you want to find "POST" but not "post" or "PoST"
or...).