Ethereal-users: [Ethereal-users] Can't capture packets

From: Don Foy <donf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2004 10:54:29 -0600
New to Ethereal, so please be gentle.

Running Ethereal in X11 on Mac OS X 10.3.3. When I go to capture and tell it
to start, no interfaces are shown in the interface window. I can manually
enter the interface (en0), but it then returns this error:

The capture session could not be initiated ((no devices found) /dev/bpf0:
Permission denied). Please check to make sure you have sufficient
permissions, and that you have the proper interface or pipe specified.

Any would be appreciated.

Don

Don Foy                         Herald-Citizen